July 03, 2010

Nails; Mine and Acrylic

Good evening, mina-sama. Long day, beautiful weather towards the evening hours. Had lunch out in the florida room. The table's been re-topped with faux tile, thank goodness. Wasn't doing so well before that, being exposed to the elements. Went out to one of my nearby super malls, and grocery shopping. Oh how I long to drive out on such weekend outings in full Aristo or V-Kei.

Also on part of early morning outings [which started with deposting checks from various a sundry sources (let that be as suspicious as you want it to)], I visited a beauty salon with the hopes of acquiring a set of long acrylic nails, ideally black and square tipped. These are the finishing touches to my Undertaker cosplay, and it's less than a month away now, so I didn't want to keep pushing it off though I have the time. Undertaker's nails, for those who do not know, look a little something like this. They seem a bit longer in the anime, and now that I look again, I think I might've actually gotten something too long. However, the main problem I had was length; I'm too picky for my own good sometimes in these things. Here's what I had to work with.


I put on a fresh coat just for you, and just on this hand. My right hand has even longer nails, since the left is... 'advised' to be kept shorter for my viola playing. [Oh, and in the background is Sebastian, my yakuza boss youkai little brother. No he's not dead. Just being adorable.]


Here's the ones I bought, with the thumb nail being painted while not on my finger [hence... not being done]. They came in a set of twenty, I bought two. I will probably have to put them on and paint them, which will be fine I suppose. The paint is the same skull brand from Hot Topic that the silver is. When I do, I'll take another picture, and add it to the Undertaker cosplay posts to come.

I did contemplate for a while just letting my own nails grow out and squaring the tip, since I am fortunate enough to not have a nail biting habit, and to have relatively strong and fast growing nails [people to this day ask me if I've gotten my nails done recently, or if they're actually real. While I do enjoy impressing people, I am not so fond of when they deny my answer as if they knew anyway]. I'd just have to... stop practicing during the whole summer. Heh... heh heh.

On that note, now that I have his so-black-you-can't-even-see-inside-the-bottle nail polish, and silver, I think I'll start going back to my alternative manicures. I'm not fond of square tips, but I wonder if that makes much of a difference having round tips in Aristo. If I have any black after Undertaking, I'll do my nails in black, then paint silver on top as the 'manicure' layer. In fact, let me go ahead and finish up the reverse on my left hand.

Decent. I forsee the inverse looking better oddly enough.

I would really like some finger armor/spikes [the terminology seems to vary] for those other days when I haven't done my nails or the paint is in between stages of chipping away. *Adds to list before I forget.* Silver is the usual it seems for Aristo, as it compliments black well; I'd also like to see if I could get slim ones, so I could have two on one hand. Regular maintenance will be another aspect in my Aristo path.

I seem to be delving a lot into clothes and cosplay and accessories and such, maybe the next coming posts will be mannerisms and poise of an Aristocrat. It is still my desire to become a Nobleman of Evil. I'll do that. Plus afternoon tea, elevenses, and viola playing [do I hear a recording in the future...?].

Sebastian is making simply the most handsome sleeping face behind me. Makes me want to use him for a pillow, but he will wake if I do, unfortunately. I'll have to keep my feet up, though... hahaha.

Dream softly, sleep well,
Eternally yours,
Il Ruinante Isaak

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...