July 16, 2010

Marquis does Music

Good afternoon, mina-sama. There are many things brewing that are coming up just around the corner, and true to the ultimate purpose of this blog, I would like to get in at least one additional post in dedication to that which is Aristo. So today my thoughts turn to music.

Aforementioned in a previous post, I am mercifully gifted with the ability to play music, and a somewhat scarce insturement that is my beloved viola. I named it JKL. It doesn't stand for anything. It isn't a superior brand name, but it's nothing flimsy and third-rate. It does what it's made to do, and that is produce beautiful sound when played correctly. I don't think I would be half as interested as I am in as much a variety of music as I am if were not for JKL. I'm a late bloomer by string standards, but to this day I continue it, playing actively in the University of Maryland's Gamer Symphony Orchestra [henceforth GSO], and have been thinking about picking up this phenomenon of standing out with my case open and playing whatever comes to mind. This will probably happen--if it ever does--in the springtime, so JKL won't warp or have his strings pop in my face.

If I am feeling up to it--and when that Youtube thing comes around again--recordings, or maybe just pictures, will be posted. It would be fitting to play something like 'Gekkouka' in an Aristo outfit.

That being said, attentions turn now to one of my inspirations in creating the image and becoming an Aristo, Versailles Philharmonic Quintet. Not only is their music epic, but they bring to the stage two forms of interest in one: Visual Kei, as their genre of music is defined [along with Neo-classical, symponic, and power metal], and Aristocrat. The title of the first blog post is in fact borrowed from the introduction of the special single release version of 'The Revenant Choir'. They've only been together three years, but already they have made a stamp on Japanese and international charts, and they're debut album was released early this year [who knows how long it'll take to get over here though]. Nearing almost a year ago, their bassist, Jasmine You, passed away rather suddenly with reasons regarding his health. As I know the rest of Versailles does, I feel the loss still [bassist in question]. I am a little curious to know if there was a special event at his wake, letting him go on in passing in a true Aristocrat's manner as Versailles is renown for embracing in their music.

Versailles' music is intense. Anything with 'power' and 'metal' in the genre description usually alludes to such, but adding V-Kei by the Japanese standard, and then 'symphonic' on top spells out something that goes one step about V-Kei and power metal alone. 'The Love From a Dead Orchestra' stole my heart. 'Zombie' reminds me of the roots of their style [v-kei]. And 'To the Chaos Inside' sums up how my life is going so far. If you listen to a few, or know them already, tell me, which is your favorite[s]?

Usually in bands, I like the bassist best. Vocalists and guitarists usually get too much attention, and drummers usually don't hold my interest [this is not in terms of their skill, this is just based on looks and likeability (my own random factors further defining such)]. But I am madly in love with drummer Yuki. Fangirls and boys can have Kamijo [...I don't deny the man is sexxx though]. Give me the other "man" of the group anyday. Ahh, to play like him. Ohhh~ but to have his wardrobe. I would be set for life.

Anyway, there lies true nobleman, everything shy of the knighting. There is my lofty aspiration, a looming inspiration, a fantasy I can almost touch, and strive to embody. Maybe in the future, completely out of the blue, I'll find myself up on stage with them, an amp attached to JKL, sawing away in interlude and bridge. What a pleasure and an honor.

Sigh, I think that's all for the time being. I needed something a bit more constructive to pass the time. Hopefully, over this weekened, and or on next Tuesday, there should be some pictures and workings of the infamous white Aeon pants [not hyperlinked for a reason]. Then, after that, Undertaker cosplay, as Otakon nears in less than two weeks...!

The weather is beautiful outside, mina-sama, albeit a little hot. Take care whilst under the summer sun, but do go out and enjoy yourselves [perhaps for brief periods of time]. I will most certainly be having Lady Grey tea with sixes and dinner this evening. [which reminds me, a food post may be in the works as well].

Adieu, mina-sama, and see you again soon.
Eternally yours,
Il Ruinante

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...