July 02, 2010

Helpful touches in achieving any look; Accessories.

Good evening, mina-sama~ I trust your day went well? I had noon-day tea out in front of the sprawling lawn--it needs a bit of tending with this extreme heat, good grief--and it was very pleasant indeed. Rasberry sorbet lingers on my tastebuds from tonight's dessert. And fireworks go off in the background [no, really. I live close to a minor league pro baseball stadium, and there are fireworks almost every other day during the summer].

Let's shake things up a bit, shall we? Pictures shall be abound [so long as I can make the picture thing in the tool bar work]. While mentioned in the previous entry I'm not so privy to many clothing items--either bought or modified by my hand--I do have quite a few accessories to compliment Aristo and V-Kei. So without further ado, shall we? ^_^ I've tried to do my best to arrange them by similar category.

For the head. The most prominent, and a selction of hair clips/ribbons. You'll see more of the grey hat on the right.

The hair clips came from Japan, the mini top hat, Katsucon.

Cosmetics [is it weird to call it that?]. When I do wear it, I like to think I do a good job of it. The mask gives rise to an eyepatch in the near future.

Jewelry. I have two rings and three necklaces on perpetually [the Trinity Blood Crucifix in the back middle being one of them].

The single earring now attached to the jingle bell I made, such that the other two baubles--or anything with hooks--could be attached.

More suited of V-Kei. Armwarmers from Hot Topic. Armband reads 'dancho'.

My [zipper] necktie, which is quite popular actually. Aquired at Otakon. Bowtie I stole from a spare uniform of my highschool orchestra. I dunno what I'm going to do with the black rose pin yet.

Detailing of tie. The "stamens" [if I still know botany] fell out, but they will be replaced soon.

Suspenders and chainlink. I put these together in a category 'legs', since the chain goes in belt loops, and I commonly wear the suspenders down. Both acquired at Hot Topic.

My super amazing shoes, front. Tall for elegance, but comfy--to a point--for almost everyday movement.
Shoes side view. These two pictures are subject to reappear or move to a separate post, which will include just footware.

[By the way, that took entirely too much effort to arrange. There's gotta be a better way...]

Although accessories do not make a particular style alone, they add specific touches that certainly help the image along. In the right combination, they do well as a stand alone for everyday activities. I do hope to add to the collection a bit, as I make my particular niche in Aristo and V-Kei. A cane, a full tophat, and another pair of taller boots are in the nearby works. [call me crazy, but I was in half a mind to try and find/make ballistics gel to add to those shoes I already have. Cost would've been a major factor, but I never figured it out...] Colored contacts would also be nice... Maybe cat eye.

We are in the con months, so in the coming weeks--or even days--there is a high chance of a shift to cosplay, at least until Otakon passes. But Versailles pumps through my ears and plays through my mind's eye...

Jaa, hopefully that was more exciting. Now then, I've too many things to do again tomorrow morning, so if you'll pardon me, I'll be turning in. ^_^

Dream softly, sleep well.
Eternally yours,
Il Ruinante Isaak

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...