September 28, 2010

Projects for the future, additional II

Good evening, mina-sama. Today will yield another short post, as I have this ominous foreboding feeling that lingers in the back of my head that I should perhaps be doing something constructive to my studies. I woke up very very late yesterday, and the last lingering bout of this sore-throat plus cold seemed to enjoy conglomerating all in that one morning so as to make me feel like utter crap. So I looked online to make sure I could catch up with readings, and finished the Japanese worksheets I had for Monday... So I read 100 pages of the Tale of Genji, and even memorized two CCs... *Looks around.* Damnit, I did work, stoppit with this feeling~! Hmph! And so I will take my mind of such chills down my spine with more pleasant fare.

Projects~! I think of more of them! I am astounded sometimes by all the things I suddenly feel compelled to do now that I have a particular focus, a sewing machine that's out and more readily available [as opposed to having to unwrap it, etc.], and, oh yes, a bit of disposable income helps, so that I don't have to politely beg the mother person for fabrics. Aristocratic is fascinating, as is Visual Kei. I may one day splurge a bit and buy specialty designed contacts. I've heard white irises are quite popular. Oh, top hat first though; yes, though I had as much of an idea to make my own--and I still might attempt--along with my cane, the cane is obviously much simpler, although a top hat does work in my head...

The half-skirt and the Nudy Boy shirt will be coming along sometime before the year is out, I hope, because after all, I wanted to wear them during the cooler months. Also, another jabot will probably be in the works, now that I have one under my belt and better know the mechanics of it. I have not forgotten these, proposed earlier along with Aeon pants and my cane. However, recent events--sickness mostly--have motivated a few more projects.

1. Face-mask. I already have one in my possession actually. I acquired it at Otakon 2007 [oh my, three years ago already?]. It's black, and has a butterfly on it, but it's peeling away in tiny chippings. Tis so sad. When I wore it last during class so I wouldn't have to constantly get up to hack up a lung, I gots to thinking about making another one, with some of the rest of the sateen. I'll need small ribbon, or black rubber bands/elastic to make the ties, but that's no trouble. I think it's just a matter of the correct measurements--it'll be a rectangle, certainly--and then since it's black, I have to find some way to imprint a design on it. It probably will be a yin-yang. I would try my hand at embroidering, but it's just a mask, no reason to turn it into a bigger project than necessary. The mother person has white fabrics about, so I will probably make an inverse one, and fabric marker a design onto it, fabric fitting.

2. Eye patch. I believe I had a thought to do this way back in middle school actually. I am a little skeptical about it though, in terms of actually wearing it. I don't know which eye to wear it on. My right eye is weaker, so if I wore it on my left, I might not be able to see as well. But if I wore it on my right, I would fear half-use would make my right eye weaker still. Plus, I'd be wearing it out under my glasses. Well, maybe not, if I am doing something like walking around; I'm nearsighted, but not bat-shit blind. It terms of making it, I might use spare sateen, and a bit of stuffing fabric [something a bit thicker, you know? I can't think of the name of it at present], and then I suppose it's just a matter of shape, and how to affix the elastic/ribbon into it. Elastic might just be easier overall for when I'm tying my hair back with a fat ribbon. I may or may not put some emblem on it too. A cross, an ornate X, a longevity symbol, etc.

3. Corset backings. By which I mean adding corset backings to some of my blouses that don't have darts, nor can be easily temporarily pinned. I pinned my black and white striped blouse for Sunday [GSO rehersal], but as I was doing laundry it popped. Ah. Bad. A similar thing happened to a purple shirt I made about five years ago [it's actually quite fitting for Wa-Lolita, although it's got a v-line... so maybe not], and I'm tired of restitching the ties back into place. So I'm going to experiment first with a T-shirt and test out two ways to add a darting of some sort that I could loop a string through and tie into a more contoured shape. I had a thought to make a thin stretch of fabric like the ties, and then make loops along the back and stitch them in place, but I was suddenly struck as to make a wider piece, sew it into the shirt down the back, and then add eyelets down the wider piece. Immediately I thought "Oh damn I'm becoming addicted to eyelets." But suddenly I am discovering so many uses for them. So I might forgo the Nudy Boy shirt a little longer to try corset backing in some of my other blouses. This way, come warmer weather, I can settle for just one layer and still have it look Aristo.

Think these are pretty clever ideas? Well don't feel left out, you probably have some ideas of your own, even if you don't know it yet. You can do it! While I do count myself very creative, you don't have to have a light bulb go off in your head to come up with something original~! [or even not original, in the case of reproducing cosplays and such.] There is inspiration in things all around you, not just in clothes to clothes, but furniture to clothes, food to clothes, mediaaaaaaaaaa to clothes or other, etc, etc, etc~! If ideas still don't come to you, but you really have the drive to make something if an idea did strike you, then take a little time on a lazy weekend, or whenever you think best, and brainstorm a little. Think about a new thing you want, be it a blouse, pants, or an accessory of some type. Look around your room, or at pictures on your walls, whatever. Before you know it, you'll have jotted down some notes or a sketch and that's half the project right there.

Pictures may soon arise of some casual coordinates I've been wearing for picnics. Also, some notes and ideas for a Harajuku Club that Toriberry and Nobu and I shall be a part of. It is exciting to think about. Aaaaaand~ Halloween is almost upon us. Getting into the spirit, everyone? I certainly hope so... heh heh heh... *Candelabra.*

And so on that note, pleasant dreams, mina-sama... take with you what you will from reality, and twist it into your phantasmal dreams~
Eternally yours,
Il Ruinante Isaak

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...