August 28, 2010

A Non-Existant Ringing in My Ears...

Good evening, mina-sama. It's the night before classes resume, and although I've been saying all summer I've been looking forward to fall, I am a little unsettled, and a whole lot more lazy. I don't abhor schoolwork, but I sure as hell don't enjoy the amount I recieve. I had a bit of a difficult time last semester, and I made my mother upset, so to get her off my case make up for it, I'm going all ahead full in classwork. It hopefully won't be made harder by having difficult classes. I don't want to detract from my Aristo-V-kei path horribly, such that it will be months between posts. Freedom is what I desire more than anything in this world, but I suppose if all I can do is work towards a path with that opportunity, I will have to do so.

For one of my last tastes of summer "freedom", I ventured out to the Ram's Head Live in Baltimore last evening for a Dir en Grey and Apocalyptica concert with Grimmjow, Gamble, and Hisoka. I V-keied out, as although Diru has toned down a bit in their newer workings, they did start in Visual Kei; Demonia shoes, black grommited pants with wallet chain and suspenders, 'You Guys Are Making Me SEXY!' YGOTAS shirt, Tripp arm warmers, and a touch of black eyeliner. Just for atmosphere. And warding off hobos in Baltimore as we walked from the garage to the venue. The sight for eyes was on the stage after all.

A sight for eyes, a sound for ears, a touch for body. My body throbbed with each pound of the bass and drums right from the start of Dir En Grey's set, opened with their song 'Sa Bir'.

Kyo on his "cage" screaming, crooning, wailing, SINGING... Kaoru ever stoic but relentless riffing... Toshiya in a sexxxy skirt and pumping the crowd with just a wave... Die with the only fan to toss his beautiful hair... Shinya never letting up once as he set the beat for each song... One of their banners streamed across the back, lights strobing and color-wheeling every which way... This made Dir En Grey... and this made my night.

I'm glad I cleared out some pictures and videos on my camera ahead of time, because I would have definitely run out, judging by how much I used up for DiRu alone. Gamble was crowd-surfed, and Hisoka caught one of Shinya's thrown sticks. Grimmjow and I both got wet by Die throwing bottles of water. Lester [who we found in the venue after the show] got hit in the eye when Die threw a bottle cap [I'm sorry to laugh but I do]. I bought a poster of the boys, and had to move a fair amount of stuff around to make it fit [aside from the wallscrolls, it is the second largest paper poster on my walls now (the biggest is on the cieling)]. It's the giant inkblot in my room; I can look at it and always remember the pounding bass of 'Sa Bir' and the harrowing wails of Kyo.

About half the crows cleared out after the encore we got from DiRu, so we were able to get closer for Apocalyptica. Though I enjoyed it thoroughly, I have to say I almost wanted to cringe a little at the thought of sawing away at a cello as though it was a guitar. It's not a guitar after all, it is a cello. However, the epicness of their music speaks for itself, and they can still play melodic and symphonic music given they are celloists. Being closer alloted for better pictures overall, though fewer they were with the memory gobbled up for DiRu [eheh heh heh...]. Their newest album 7th Symphony is coming out soon.

Concert memories... they move me. Musicians that I am so lucky to be able to see perform live. Live, before my very eyes, though my outstretched hand may be missed. The experience of music becomes complete, when you can do more than just listen... you can see... and you can feel.

I am happy to have ended the summer on such a powerful note, although I hope shifting mindsets to the mundane of college life [or specifially schoolwork] won't be difficult. I don't want to live in that moment, but I certainly don't want to become so involved and overwhelemed that I look up and realize it was three months ago that I saw Dir En Grey and Apocalyptica live. It will seem like a fantasy rather than a memory.

But whatever may be--though hopefully I can shape it better--heres to our future. My continued path down the road of Aristocrat and Visual Kei, with all the sort of things that make life interesting to go in between. A healthy, a prosperous [maybe a wealthy~?] future, to you, yours, and us all.

Kanjiru ka~...? Hebi no odoru... Heh ha.
Eternally yours,
Il Ruinante Isaak

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...