August 07, 2010

The Newly Acquired; Jacket and Boots.

Good evening, mina-sama. The weather is still frightfully warm, but I am looking towards the coming fall weather with great anticipation, especially considering what I am about to talk about in this post [as in, the reason I write, not neccessarily the post itself]. I still make due with what Mother Nature gives us; after all, at a moment's notice, she could choose to screw us all over with another snowmaggedon. I think I'll be ready for that though.

Now, this may seem unrelated, but have you all heard of the saying "keep your friends close, and your enimies closer"? I am familiar with it, and understand it. But I suppose I can't use it until I get enemies, given that, to the best of my knowledge, I have none. But even if I did, with the friends that I know for certain I have, who'd want to keep someone who is my rival and adversary close? They would not go out of their way to do something kind for me, like my most lovely and wonderful friend Toriberry. In addition to having commissions done, shopping online for second-hand, and knitting her own things in her goal of becoming Lolita, she keeps her eyes out for Aristo related items that I might take interest in. So maybe now about three weeks ago, she came across this beautiful number here.
From the front. The stripes are my own shirt, separate from the jacket itself. There are black buttons down the middle that fasten in, and the vest isn't separate, which is fine by me.

From the rear. I left the tie in the back basically as it was. Does it look like I should cinch it a bit more?

It fits me like a glove. We were a bit puzzled before because the seller gave her flat measurements. And we weren't entirely sure in what context to take it. I even asked my mother, and she said to call Jo-Ann's Fabric. I called two locations, one confirmed my thought as to what it was, the other didn't know [and the other I shop regularly at, so was hoping for that reassurance as well]. But taking a chance on it being what I now know it to be--laying the garment flat and measuring it's "2D" width and or length--I asked a favor of mein herr Lolita, to which she agreed. She was even so kind as to let it be shipped to my address. I can't thank you enough, Ashu-chan. Let's get together on a date other than our Aristololikei picnics and I'll drive you wherever.

In addition, as aforementioned in my last post, Otakon weekend--ah truly is it a week ago already?--bore a particularly lovely fruit in the form of Demonia platform boots. I didn't know until I checked the website that this is in fact a UK brand, as opposed to a Japanese brand [it will not surprise me though, if down on Takeshita Street, or wherever Atelier Boz is located, there is a Demonia store]. Paired with my slacks--the ones I have my eye set to add a half skirt to--and the Angel Secret jacket, it makes a very completed look.

My Demonia's from the front [and a bit of promotion. I recommend them for style and comfort].

From the side. They fasten with a zipper.

These are with my slack pants up, but not folded so they look tucked in. I might wear them in that way, once I put them on together again and see if they're alright looking.

With the slacks down. In fact, I wore these like this today on my grocery shopping trip [Sam's Club]. My favorite employee there said to enjoy it while I can, because I won't be able to stand so high when I'm older. Also said I won't get a date, but I told her I like them a bit shorter than me. Do you all have a preference between the two pictured, third mentioned?

When I finish my Aeon pants, I suspect these will go great with them as well, even though they are white. You'll be able to see through the eyelet crossing.

And to touch on projects, I have decided to add one more to the list, but this one is a bit out of the listed scope thus far. Though I was highly, highly tempted to just put out the case for a cane from a booth in the Dealer's Room, the more I thought about it, the more I realized that the ones being displayed weren't what I wanted. And so all along the ride back home, I thought about the basic construction of a cane [yes, sometimes I go on very elaborate and blueprint-like thoughts]. And after laying out in my head that I need only a few basic items, easily acquired at a DIY store, I have decided to make my own cane. In case I don't get to this for a while, or anyone else is curious as to making their own and not putting out forty bucks for one, here is my basic plan:
Buy a dowel maybe an inch or less in diameter thick [Jo-Ann's had some, but not of the right thickness], a rubber stopper that can fit over your dowel, and a doorknob of your choice that can screw into the top, or be screwed in through the side. Give your dowel a finish or paint job as you like. I have some veneer spray, so that's one less expense for me, but I might decide to go with high finish gloss anyway. Put the rubber stopper on one end, and the doorknob on the other. Instant cane. Practically. And at a fraction of the cost. I really look forward to it.

Saa, it's a bit hot, even at this late hour, so I am seeking to lay down in the coolness of the other room, and hopefully get some rest. Next time around, perhaps I will have made my jabot. But if not, then maybe it's about time I got to a food entry...?

Endless rain, fall on my heart, kokoro no kizu ni.
Eternally yours,
Il Ruinante Isaak

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...