August 22, 2010

Deadlines; Cane and Meet-up

Good evening, mina-sama. Well, the countdown begins. To what? To all sorts of things. So much is happening coming up, it's just as if I was transported to this time last month. I wonder if I'll be able to keep up. This time next week, I'll have finished my first day of classes. This time tomorrow, I'll have had a picnic with Toriberry I hope. This Friday, Dir En Grey is touring with Apocolyptica, making a stop at the Ram's Head Live in Baltimore; I'm putting myself into a Dir high by listening to Uroburos and Withering to Death nonstop. And after that, perhaps the next prominent thing coming up? Why, a Lolita meet-up of course.

Now, before anyone tilts their heads cutely with a perplexed look on their face, and asks why might an Aristocrat be going to a Lolita meet-up, I will say it straight. I was invited [by Toriberry no less]. And I would love to attend. A gathering of Lolitas of punk, classic, sweet, casual, gothic, all of them, and they will all be surrounding me~ heh heh heh... [oh dear, my sketch side surfaces. *Beats it down.* Back, Sketchiness, back!] But seriously, I mean that in a non-sketch way; I'm looking forward to a very enjoyable experience and lots of picture taking.

For anyone local in the area, the meet-up is scheduled for September 12th, a Saturday, at 12pm. We're going to meet in a park near the Metro stop Dupont Circle in D.C., at 25th and P Street Northwest [for those of you semi-local but still unfamiliar with D.C. the Northwest is important].

I have an image in my mind of what to expect, but so long as it isn't worse than that, however it turns out will satisfy me. However, I am a tad bit skeptical on being able to go, because it's in D.C.; I have a wary mother who grew up there, and grandparents who lived there, but somehow that doesn't equate to me having any sort of knowledge on what sort of city it is and how it's laid out. That's why I looked up directions. Dupont Circle is sort of the metrosexual capital of the nation, but... we'll see. I might also have to work that day, and during those hours specifically [unless I can switch with someone, which is my desperate hope]. Washington D.C. is far from a very-safe city, not by any stretch. And although any spot on the Metro lines are usually more densely populated and tourists packed--thus a bit safer--the thought of a gaggle of Lolitas, "petite" young ladies who are armed only in their cuteness, gives me a vibe of paranoia I can't quite shake that there will be disturbances. And so not only for the sake of Toriberry or myself, I really want to go. If I end up being the only Aristocrat there, I at least want to serve as some sort of deterrant for any wayward characters.

Which is why I am working steadily on my cane over my jabot and shirt cut-sew at the moment. Home Depot brought me two steps closer, in having a right sized dowel without having to be cut, and rubber stoppers to put on the end. Going with my mother yielded other advice for what to do about the handle; while I had been looking in cabinet and bathroom faucet knobs, she suggested to look at drapery ends. This would've actually been great if not for the ends being so large. The ones that were of a good size were sold in a whole kit for the drapery rods. I was really tempted to ask for just one of the ends if they would sell it to me. But I have sights for one last trip to an antique store to see what can be found there. In the meantime, I will get to spraypainting. Hopefully between now and September 12th, I'll have that done. I would hate to have to break it over someone's head, right after having it finished, but I suppose if I can make one I could make another... Oh, and to protect the Lolita meet-up from devestation, to unite all Lolitas [and Aristos] in our Nation['s capital]~...

Say what you will, I've always been a fan of Kojirou.

To-ni-kaku...

I also hope to have something done about my hair by the time of the meet up. In a previous post, for the newly acquired jacket, you will see I had combed forward bangs and the rest done in a bun. I'll elaborate on my hair in another post, but I will say the combed forward bangs is an idea I've had for a while now, since I've seem to have lost my original bangs. If I can make the curling iron work, I will probably put in a big long curl as opposed to letting it be straight. But anything I do with my hair for the meet-up is to supplement my lack of a tophat. When I acquire a tophat, I will probably go with the the loose, all down, the low ponytail with a thick ribbon, or the all--or maybe sans bangs--in a bun. As with footwear, headwear at the top shouldn't be neglected, serving as the one dsyfunctional part of your ensemble. When I post the hair entry, I am welcome to ideas of styles and suggestions.

I am hoping by then that the weather will be assuredly cooler, so that my jacket can go out for a spin. If I get the cane done quickly, then the jabot will be next. And I'm trying to decide how Asian is too Asian to bring snacks for a gathering of girls in a Japanese Street Fashion icon. Does dorayaki strike anyone's fancy?

Now then, as one last thing, a bit of a confidence booster to Toriberry, my dear, and any Lolitas who are nervous in going to meet-ups. I may sound confident now, but that might be because it's a ways off, and I am technically an "outsider" mingling heavily in, but here goes~!

Did you not tell yourself to be confident, my dear? Tell yourself that everyday from now on and forevermore, so come the meet-up, it will be just another walk in the park [pun intended]. You are blossoming beautifully into a Lolita, a step at time as you can manage. Right now, your casual is to die for to me.

Don't be intimidated by these more experienced Lolitas. Try to learn from them instead, should they prove to not be bitchy. In whatever more solid niche of Lolita you choose to go under, take away tips and advice for clothing, accesories, styling that again, you can apply in your steps at your own pace. Make your lack of tact work into asking those simple questions, who what when where why, and how much?

Don't worry; I'll be there right beside you [as long as stupid shit doesn't happen that impedes me going]. If you start to feel a little overwhelemed, you can come to my side and take my arm, which I offer welcomingly. You won't be alone. We can always just sit back and talk amongst ourselves--in Nihongo--about whatever, feasting on onigiri or whatever we end up packing. And you won't have to feel so Loli-ed out, since I'll be Aristo.

So much to do, so little time...! But what an experience this will all be, yes? Let's do our best towards the future, mina-sama.
Eternally yours,
Il Ruinante Isaak

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...