August 16, 2010

His Hair and Accessories for the Head

Good morning, mina-sama. This weekend was very long, and I was still feeling it's affects earlier today in kind, and in combination with my lingering cough. Seriously, cough, you need to either just be a cough and stop making my nose run, or go away altogether. As it is, I have chosen to stay within my bastion walls for the day, and make up the work I've lost. As I rouse myself into a more work oriented mindset, I thought I'd try to see to you all and get to a topic I've been meaning to for a while now, rather than end up doing it late into the evening hours as I usually do. That being said, lets talk about hair.

I am bi-racial, and so in numerous features, I've a mix of traits such a skin and hair. I've been trying to grow it out for forever, with mixed results. It's working somewhat, with the help of prenatal vitamins. But because it's at such a somewhat akward length, I often don't know what to do with it besides straightening it or tying it back. I think tying it back would work well with Aristo, especially when in thicker, just-out-of-the-shower curls [see below] or straightened, with a big as all get out bow to tie it low at the bast of my neck. I still need a thick ribbon to make a big bow though... next trip to Jo-Ann's. But anyway, here's how things stand now.





When it's dry, it's about ye-length, all ahead thick as hell, and I tie it up when I've got no time. Also, when it's hot as it's been all this summer--and also these past three days of AUTUMN, WTF--it keeps me from getting too hot as I go about. Seriously, hair this thick gets damn hot about the neck if I leave it down. On breezy days it's nicer, to be sure.

Here it be down, top and profile~ [Kenshin that looks weird... sedaaaaaate profile...] I used to have some sort of bangs when I was younger, but I chopped them off. REALLY bad plan, because they grew back really really really slowly, but they were growing back none the less, and they stuck up at all odd ends. Ughhhh, bad times...Tonikaku, it's relatively flattened out now. Dried and loose, it bounces... it also gets flattened under my hat some, so that it makes a weird shape, ugh. That's why I need a new hat... and then a better clip/tie of some sort. That way I can keep it tied back and underneath my hat and it won't make a shape.

Aaaaaaand last but not least, damp and down. Oh yessssssss, that is my right out of the shower, take that for what it's worth to you~ And it's longer~ If I wear a hat over it while it's wet, as it dries it makes the shape more prominently, grrrrr. I was going to take a picture of it while it was straightened, but it never stayed straight enough for a decent picture. Damn you humidity. But when straightened, it's a bit longer than the above, and tends to be much easier to work with. I comb a bit of the sides forward to make long draping bangs. Again, ribbon/clip/tie plus hat would make it very classical Aristo style, so I look forward to a tophat in my near future.

Any tips, advice, comments or suggestions about what to do with my hair? Do you use certain styling products for your styles, from simple to extranvagent? What sort of accessorie should I get [besides what I plan to buy]? Is tied up better than down, for Aristo? I'm welcome to all commentary.

Now, I'm off to get to my next projects, tutorials of which I'm hoping to find. In addition to the Nudy Boy shirt, I'm thinking of adding in corset backing to some of my other blouses that need something more than pinning.

They held the world in equilibrium, the cycle of eternity never broken.
Eternally yours,
Il Ruinante Isaak

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Did you know you can create short links with AdFocus and get cash from every visit to your short urls.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...