February 01, 2012

Monthly Theme: Bling for your Fingers

Good evening, everyone~. It's only the middle of the week [but I'm still dreadfully tired, what's happening to me~?], and suddenly there is so much to do, even though it's now becoming the late hours of the night. But, if you'll pardon me, I'm going to cue up 'Storms of Storms' to get the juices going [music is my powerful elixir], and we'll be on our way for that time of the month~...! What? No, not that [whatever 'that' is to you], something better. That's right~ it's Victorian Kitty-san's Monthly Theme, this time, focusing on rings~.

Contrary to popular belief [of those near to me], I actually do enjoy wearing jewelry. I love my earrings, probably since I got them pierced late in the game by some standards, and necklaces have always been in surplus. I wore anklets and bracelets a lot when I was younger, but that tapered off because they impede typing and tight shoe wearing. Rings are actually fairly recent, in the grand scheme of things, but ohhhh how I love them indeed.

I usually wear two rings as a staple, a gift ring from a girlfriend from high school on the left hand, and the high school ring on the right hand. Since it's a special occasion~ I donned some more that I just recently acquired along with the clothing given from my godmother in Boston.
There were also some turquoise rings, but I let mother marquis have them.
To match, I wore my grommit halved pants [first time for 2012, yay~], and as many other eyelet things as possible, for the emulation of rings, in that they are round holes. I hope to have two shirts that are eyelet filled to add to a similar ensemble another day.
This is actually the most dressed down V-kei I've done in a while, too.
A couple girls on campus were selling off their hula-hoops outside of Stamp, so as an after thought, I added in one of mine. I am an excellent hula-hooper, so I stayed a while and helped advertise. Good work out, too! [my boots as they are now remind me of Sora's shoes...]

I'm hoping to acquire some ring armors, with a talon point, but not any other sort of weaponry, because then that's just self-sabotage and many accidents waiting to happen. Unfortunately, I can only usually find ring armors that cover the middle knuckle, or are full with a short knife on the top. They look awesome, and I might break down and buy the latter if I see it at Otakon this year just to have it, but a more everyday wearable one is ideal.
Lastly, as an aside, I took out some rings from my grandmother's collection. I didn't wear them, since they're a little different from my style [generational gap], but I cannot help but treasure them of course. My grandmother left me all of her jewelry in her will [which made mother marquis pout, although I let her borrow some], and just looking at it gives me that spiritually connected feeling. Her birthday is coming up, so here's a little bonus and pre-tribute.
Along with these, she has lots of pearls and brooches.
Thank you for the theme, Kitty-san~ it was my pleasure to join back in.

Here's the last leg to the weekend~
Eternally yours,
Il Ruinante Isaak

2 comments:

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

I love the way you carried the Ring theme over into your whole wardrobe! Very clever. :) So many people have shared special rings they've inherited from loved ones; it's very heartwarming! Those are things to be treasured always.

Those three little bands in the center of the top photo make a lovely little set! And the square garnet to the left of them is soooooo pretty. Garnets and marcasites are simply meant to be together. The combination equals instant artsy elegance!

Il Ruinante Sir Isaak said...

Thank you~! For some reason, I thought of my clothes before the additional rings [or, which fingers to put the rings on], as if somehow I missed the most direct link to your theme, ahaha [perhaps in the end it is that I am eyelet crazy]. Indeed, it was so moving to read others words of special rings~

Currently, those are the only ones of their kind my collection, so they don't go out without the other. You've read my mind, the combination is stellar~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...