February 04, 2012

Palette Swap Manicure

Good evening everyone~ I feel on such a roll. I would say please look forward to this in the future, as it I did before, but chances are I'm just on a lucky streak. But it would be nice, ne~? The future is a mysterious thing, saa na~. That being said, onward to a little update.

Since we both have Fridays free, Toriberry and I decided to get together sometime between a doctor's appointment and covering a work shift to do our nails. Considering neither of us live on campus at the moment, we floundered a bit wondering where we should go that isn't utterly secluded, or outside [since winter is finally coming around, thanks groundhog], but wouldn't choke people in the vicinity with nail polish fumes. We ended up in a study room in the main library, and went to work. You'll notice the familiar manicure~
It's playing season again, so just the right hand, since there is a noticeable length difference.
Sparkle quota, met.
Again, I used the color changing Del-Sol as a top coat, so added sparkles and bonus ruby-silver in sunlight. [I should really just get some clear coat though.] The blue is really globbing up for some reason; are there methods for thinning nailpolish without it becoming a watery mess?

What are your all time favorite designs, or colors for your nails? Do you have seasonal changes? Are you an acrylic nail type?

Haaaah, brand new week already~? Okay.
Eternally yours,
Il Ruinante Isaak

3 comments:

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

Gorgeous colors, and plenty of sparkle!!!

I'm totally the acrylic type. :) My nails just break and break and break, and the polish won't last 24 hours on my natural nails!

I thin mine with just a couple of drops of acetone. It's tough to not overdo it, so I use a straw (dropper-style: submerge very slightly into the acetone, cover the end with your finger, place over nail polish bottle, release finger). It has worked very well on most polishes, for me.

Il Ruinante Sir Isaak said...

Thank you kindly~! Hopefully it will fare better than the last bout of this do, with purple rather than blue.

I don't know what I'd do with myself if my nails broke a lot. I'm too scared to use acrylic, even though the designs can be very stunning~, as you often show us~

Drops of acetone, got it. Through and through, you have great tips for everything, thank you~ ^_^

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

Ah yes, acrylics can be troublesome to maintain, and boy do they hurt when they break!! :)

I'm glad you find my tips useful! I think regular nail polish remove would work, too. I just always buy the acetone polish remover because I use lots of glittery polish, and I'm too impatient to wait for the non-acetone stuff to do its job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...