April 24, 2011

Plus 20 [of him]

Good afternoon minna-sama~ and my, look at this splendid weather that has finally come around, hmmm? Pleasant to no end. I hope everyone can get around to enjoying it. Sebastian and I have sat around outside in the lanai for a stretch, and Firi-kun left me a cute message earlier this morning. Hopefully that'll be enough pleasantries to get me through work.

As for today, I thought I'd just come to keep up on things, and do a '20 Random Facts' post. I've been reading some that have been passed arounds a bit, and thought, 'Sure, that would be nice.' Maybe we'll get to know each other better and share our experiences. So, that is, take from this what you'd like, and enjoy for what it's worth.



  1. I'm two halves of the same coin. My own brother from another mother. However you want to say it, I'm a dual person. Not to say dual personality, or bi-polar. More of, I can and do readily advocate, act on, and believe two different things that often contrast simultaneously. I chalk it up to my Gemini zodiac sign, but that's just an easy way to say it.

  2. I'm an easy to please person, really [yet, following number 1 it would go without saying that I can be hard to please at the same time]. I don't need much to keep me content; an empty house with a book, or my PSP, or a pencil and paper, or nothing but a bed to sleep on would satisfy me.

  3. My handwriting continues to spiral into scrawling semi-cursive. Mind you, my cursive is shit, but my print is often mistaken for cursive. I write very quickly, and so the pen/pencil rarely is lifted from the paper [even between words], creating a very... pretty mish-mash [some will say it's just illegible].

  4. I wish I had a dog. Not to replace Sebastian, but in company of him. I'm afraid that getting a dog that is the same size or smaller than Sebastian would result in an injured dog. [Sebastian knows I'm talking about him.] So I'd go for a Russian Wolfhound or a German Shepard. Maybe a Shiba Inu.

  5. I like chocolate, except in the pudding, cake, and ice cream configurations. I think it's because I had too much of it growing up. I LIKE CHOCOLATE OTHERWISE.

  6. I am allergic to Benadryll. If I was a allergic to pollen or anything else, this would royally suck, but mercifully, that is my only allergy.

  7. I can speak in tropes and tv idioms. Most frequently will be trope equations, e.g.: Battle Butler + Fetish Fuel Station Attendant + Gentleman Snarker = Sebastian Michaelis of Kuroshitsuji.

  8. Officially, I have [self proclaimed] theme music. Violater by Nobuo Uematsu.

  9. I'm [still?] an otaku. It is controlled, sans conventions. Because I grew up with dial-up, I wasn't privy to watching a lot of anime on Youtube, so I read manga more. Currently, the collection extends to about 150+ manga spread over at least 25 different series, discluding series magazines [which would add about another 20]. An interesting title can get me interested in an anime.

  10. Since I am studying Japanese [semi-fluent, at best, I'll say], that means unless I'm talking to someone else who knows Japanese, I don't add 'kawaii' and 'desu ne~' to my sentences and Youtube comments, etc.

  11. That being said, I do sometimes pick up a verbal tic. For a while it was 'Context' after an ambiguously double meaning sounding sentence. Now it's a trope that fits whatever I just said [hence... verbal tic].

  12. I believe one of my most formidable weapons is my tongue [context]. With or without a single spoken word, my tongue can take care of a good number of situations.

  13. I'm indecisive a lot [and, quick to decide]. I've come up with the example, if I was in a room filled with endless supplies of all my favorite foods, I'd still starve because I wouldn't know what to eat first. [The times when I am decisive, it's probably because I'm not deciding something for myself, and the better choice is clear.]

  14. I like ALL foods. And I am perpetually hungry. So that crinkle of your chip bag, the fizzing of contained carbonated soda, even if you're trying to be a ninja, does not escape me. I'll eat pretty much anything, and as much as I can in that one bite you offered me.

  15. 15 is my favorite number. [I didn't plan it this way, but when it came up, that's the first thing I ended up thinking.]


  16. My ideal profession is to be a glassblower. That pretty much has nothing to do with anything I've been studying for the past... my life. This is something I decided when I was six or seven years old, and haven't shaken yet. While I would readily accept other great professions [writer, massage therapist, translator, ehm...], this is my 'dream job', as it were.

  17. I am a gamer. I don't know if I should call myself a hardcore gamer, because I don't have topline equipment and headsets and keyboards and modded controllers, etc. And I don't spend unholy hours a day [...all day...?] playing either. But I LOVE~ video games [and video game music~!]. Because I didn't grow up with a game console in the house [ohh~ I was so depraved~ ah~] I played my friends' games with varying degrees of frequency. So I know lots of video games, without ever having owned them myself. Nowadays the game count is increasing little by little [with Capcom games in the lead, oddly].

  18. I mostly listen to J-musics. But anything with a good sounds can entice me. A GOOD sound. Lyrics in my own language that I can't understand does not usually lend itself to a good sound.

  19. I read spoilers sometimes [not usually intentionally]. I don't mind if you tell me spoilers either. I believe that the sign of a good story is one in which you CAN know what is going to happen, or if that one character survives, and still be on the edge of your seat when you get to that part in the story yourself.

  20. At the end of the day, I'm happy to be as fortunate as I am. In the future, I can only to continue to go towards what I really want, which is freedom. More than anything in this world, I want to know, embody, and exist in true freedom.
Oh my, did that get too thick and heavy at the end? [Context... damn.] Don't think too much on it. I'll look forward to seeing your own 20 random about me post in the future. ^_^



If I can just get through this week... things will be so much better...

Shall you bring me to further roses...?
Eternally yours,
Il Ruinante Isaak

5 comments:

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

Allergic to Benadryll? That would be very unfortunate if you were me. :) And I am right there with you on #5... Except that I don't get excited about pudding, cake or ice cream of *any* variety, unless it's extremely gourmet!

Anonymous said...

What is Benadryl? - Ah, okay, Google helped me with that. ;)

That was fun to read. I really like knowing random facts about people whose blogs I read. :)

Wow, I wish I could speak Japanese! I'm really impressed.

Have a great day!
Sal K.

Il Ruinante Sir Isaak said...

Kitty-san: It always gets a strange look when I tell others, but yes, the anti-alergy drug will cause my eyes to swell shut. I wish I could give even the gourmet stuff a chance, but usually when there's high goods desserts to choose from, something cheesecake-like calls to me~! [*hopeless*]

Sale Kaye-san: Yes, the wonders of Google-dono. [shhhh... let no one else know I called it that.] And I am happy to provide. I think for themed blogs, as said on another who did a facts post, it's nice to know a little more about the blogger behind the blog. I'll look forward to one for you, too. ^_^

Japanese is hard, but by no means impossible~ even if you only learn the alphabet, it still something impressive. You should give it a shot if you're even the slightest interested~!

Anonymous said...

Konbanwa! :)

I just might take a class if they offer it.
I think it's always great to know at least a little about other languages and cultures.
I live close to the Dutch border and just started picking up some Dutch vocabulary. I just learned that the Dutch love having fantastic kitchens in their homes. Germans prefer having a big car in front of their house *lol* (Personally, I love my cute Ford Fiesta^^)

Sayōnara & sugu ni

Sal

Blogger said...

Hey Everybody,

Below are the most recommended bitcoin exchanges (Bitcoin for CASH):
Coinbase: $1 minimum exchange
CoinMama

Earn free BITCOINS with the best Bitcoin faucet rotator:
IACBit.org Faucet Rotator

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...