April 13, 2011

Music Revisted

Good evening minna-sama, ahhh this feels better, doesn't it? A nice, relaxing--...a gently breezy cool evening, with tea and dinner. Oh, I haven't done a meal post in a while, either have I? More things to look forward to. ^_^ Things are still keeping busy, but I have a feeling it's all for the better. Once May rolls around, things will be good. In the meantime, here's to touch on something new.


As you may or may not have noticed, depending on where you read this blog and if you choose to keep your speakers off, etc. etc., I have added music to thy blog. Music, herr marquis, how can that be? There's no music player to be seen anywhere. Now, now, no need for formalities, we're all friends here, and I'll let you in on my secret~


The non-existent music player is actually a Youtube video, the embed code of which I copied, and shrunk down to invisible. You can't force it that small if you try to custom size it before you copy and paste it, so just copy it as is, and stick it in any place on your blog where HTML coding works. Then, change BOTH width and heights [one in the beginning and another towards the end of the code string] to 1 pixel wide. Now your music is out of sight, out of mind. In order to make it play, add the code '& autoplay = 1' DIRECTLY before the "greater than-less than-param-greater than [you may find you have a res=0 or similar in front of it; it goes there, with no spaces or other characters]. With careful scanning, and a good reliable video, you've now discreetly added music to your blog. The only downside--your mileage my very if this is a downside--is that this does not loop, nor give the option to pause the music as you go. Unless I haven't figured it out how to do so. But~! Do give it a whirl if you'd like, I am happy to hear your blogs as well~


The current selection is 'No Turning Back' from the Soul Calibur 2 OST [yes, the video game]. Previously, when I first started fiddling with Blogger's trippy HTML coding screws, I had 'The Love from a Dead Orchestra' playing as the first song, followed by 'ASCENDEAD MASTER', both by Versailles Philharmonic Quintet. My love for Versailles--the ideal combination of what this blog is about really, Japanese Street styles focusing on Aristocrat and Visual Kei--continues onward and onward~ and I hope they can continue to bring us beautiful music.


The reason I couldn't keep it to their songs however, was because the videos I was using seemed to be deleted or moved--thus messing up the HTML code--not long after I would add them. While I am by no means compromising by using 'No Turning Back' [I LOVE this track], I would like to use something more readily related to thy blog's purpose. While troping, by some way or another I got onto Castlevania, which led to looking up some of the OST from various games on Youtube. I've been listening to Castlevania Lament of Innocence tracks as of late, and I already know at some point or another at least three of them are going to have to go here. [For those unfamiliar with Castlevania, it is a Konami video game series, that is well regarded for it's Crowning Music of Awesome across all of its 25+ games. Lament of Innocence features some of the best music of the series, which is saying something.] I am thinking I might change the music once a month, just for the sake of variety [this is hoping I will remember, among other things].


That being said, I am open to suggestions or requests for music to be featured~. During the summer, I feel I have time to even do day-to-day/week-to-week things for super special occasions. I'm into anything that sounds good, and happy to recommend things as well. If you're just tuning in, that's alright by me, too. Music is a wonderful thing, let's be sure to have fun with it.


This weekend I am actually formulating a mini-schedule to get the Altelier Boz jabot done, and perhaps the Nudy Boy mod. We'll see how that works out when Friday evening rolls around~


Holy Cross Obsessed by the Moon~
Eternally yours,
Il Ruinante Isaak

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...