April 11, 2011

The 50th Post [Extensive]

Good morning, minna-sama~ [ohto, here I am again coming in the morning to do things (especially when I should be doing something else)] Have you all been well? I apologize for being away so long. Aside from upped business, I wanted to make the 50th post something noteworthy [as opposed to what the next post is going to be]. Thus, here's the big events from Friday and Saturday.

On Friday, the Japanese American Student Association [JASA] hosted it's annual Taste of Japan event on campus; it's just like it sounds. A taste of Japanese things, from fashion, food [catered by the awesome Matsuba], travel, origami, song, dance, and raffles. After some kinks getting into the event from the start, Jingu Bridge: A Japanese Fashion club joined up with the fashion branch of JASA and hosted our raffle that went quite well. As we take interest in the sub-styles of Japanese fashion, Jingu Bridge members dressed up~ to represent. As the resident man of the club, I donned my Aristo for the whole day [including work and classes]. Though I am pleased with the ensemble, I actually forgot one part. The hat is part of a match set that the mother person bought for her and my late grandmother. It's a little small on my head [I think because I have too much hair], and made me feel a little more Ouji than Aristo, but that's okay. Toriberry was kind enough to give me smoky eyes [quickly], and I accidentally mashed my black lower, red upper lips halfway through, heh heh. This is what I had in mind; the difference is the half skirt [shown in earlier posts]. ...I hope everyone recalls I like strange positions. [a squat is strange, deshou ka?]Underneath. [Oh yessss~ so classy. *Snerk.*]

As a very new club with not much out about us, the raffle was quite a success. Taste of Japan was also a lot of fun, as usual~ and JASA gathered a lot of support and contributions to the Japanese Red Cross. It was a have fun, feel good, do good night. Jingu Bridge has another event coming up in which we shall have a slot to showcase our name; please look forward to it~

Then, come Saturday, the mother person and I went out to the Cherry Blossom Street Festival in D.C. It was cold, about 50 degrees at the most, and cloudy [no chance of a brief warming in the sun~...!], but it was not unpleasant. Even with the newly instated $5 admission, the Street Festival did not disappoint, continuing to uphold it's tradition of wonderful musical entertainment, interesting info/participation booths, and great food. And while by no means mandatory, the Street Festival is a great opportunity to dress in one's yukata or kimono suited to the fesitval atmosphere. The otaku will show you otherwise, but only Hazel-kun seems to dislike the weeaboos cosplaying at a festival rather than a convention... The hakama I bought in Japan, from a street stall in Harajuku. I think the guy was going to give me a discount, because I was about to buy two [there was a green and black in similar gradient], but~ either way, I am happy to have it. The haori is a captain's robe, from Bleach, bought from Otakon '07. Since I have nothing else of Ukitake's cosplay, I tend to wear it only for the Cherry Blossom Festival. It's got the traditional feel to it. Also, my hair is in a topknot, but the ends curled down a little, haha. ^_^ Way back before I made The Crow [my cane], my sword, Yasumisame [also bought at Otakon '07], served as my makeshift cane. I thought I'd show it some love and feature it with the photos. [No, I didn't bring it with me to the festival, as much as I'd like to.]

The cherry blossoms around campus are still blossoming, but I expect with a light breeze and the sporadic warm days we've been having, they will soon become bare again. I will enjoy them in the meantime. If you have some growing where you are, have a picnic under one, and let a blossom drift lightly into your drink. ^_^

The next few projects I hope to do over the weekends, since the two cosplay projects I hope to do in May and June will be all consuming. Please look forward to the jabot from Altelier Boz, and the detached sleeve Nudy Boy shirt modification, among others.

I hope everyone had an enjoyable Spring Break, or if you are in the midst of it, continue to enjoy it~ minna-sama~

Admiration of the Clan~ We shall Triumph.

Eternally yours,

Il Ruinante Isaak

2 comments:

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

How wonderful that you have so many celebrations of Japanese culture in your area! Awesome outfits, too. I especially love the first one (as you know my tastes run black!).

Il Ruinante Sir Isaak said...

Oh yes, it's a plus for those of us who like our share of all things Japanese. I'm hoping to up the first ensemble [and future Aristo outfits in general] with a new jabot from Altelier Boz~

Thank you for your kind words~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...