May 01, 2011

Culturally Exploding [from the heat of summer, hello there.]


Good evening, minna-sama, I hope you all have had a good weekend. Saturday was beautiful, and I had a long event [and teaser concert for Gamer Symphony Orchestra~!], so by the time I got home that evening, I hadn't the energy to post for the event that happened last Tuesday. Late~! Forgive me everyone. If you will, here are some pictures for that event from that day, which include a couple of new things I experimented with~. Please enjoy.

Twas a very good event, too, used in part to promote our club, Jingu Bridge, but also be apart of the student showcase on campus. It was--title drop--a Cultural Explosion, so we hired ourselves out, as it were, and performed a para para dance in styles of Japanese street fashion, and then participated in the fashion show halfway through. While I think the weather that day would've been best suited for dressing up in Visual Kei, let's just say, among other things, looking a torn up mess at work may not have gone over well [and that is a maybe, as my workplace is surprisingly lenient]. But I'm temperature retardent. Wearing layers in 80 degrees is quite alright. ]

Here we are all together [power of paint to protect the innocent], in our sub-styles; left to right is seifuku, banba [our own Toriberry], yours truly, and Classic Lolita.
Today's focal piece, my lacy rose tie. I bought it at Otakon 07, and it has never once gone a day without a compliment. It's got a zipper collar, so to put it on all I have to do is zip it up or down. This picture seems to make it look bigger than it actually is. Although maybe it doesn't look that big to you. [The crucifix on top is Trinity Blood merchandise.]




I got a chance to put my hair back in a big bow like I've been meaning to do. The weather that day was definitely better suited for that, no less. It seems a little messy, but those are just my bangs from the front that you see on the sides. Those I'm not sure how well they worked, but I think I'll have to try a couple more times to see if anything can be done. The first picture shows them before they accidentally got a little wet, and thus a bit curly. Tucked behind my ears didn't look too bad though. [Also, I will probably get a wider ribbon just for this sort of thing. I think the big bow and ponytail is perfect Aristo hair styling, especially for the summer. Classical, in a way.]

And, last but not least~ the full length shots. If you click on each to see them larger, they are unfortunately a bit blurry [it seems the one sharper picture I took I accidentally deleted and didn't notice until I took them off the memory card; serves me right for not wearing my glasses through that process], please bear with me. I didn't wear my Demonia boots with this either, and I feel the shorter but simpler ones worked better for the appearance that I wasn't dressing for a show [ironic that I was], and come across to me as a bit more Aristo than Ouji. I will try this out again with the 'Undertaker' boots to see if they work the same.

Now that the summer months are rolling in, I'm going to adjust some, hopefully into Visual-Kei, but equally so I hope I can mix things up with the wardrobe I have--and hope to increase--to make Aristo work in the summer. Or working on cosplay projects may consume me and make me lazy when it comes to getting dressed each morning. I don't know.

Ever been in a student showcase with a cultural group? Or maybe been in a talent show of another sort, or even walked the runway? What do you like to see best in a talent show of your peers? How did you dress? Was what you wore even important [haha]?

Into the beautiful future, where we may all come together to be our own person, as we are one people.
Eternally yours,
Il Ruinante Isaak
p.s. Knowing that this would be a picture heavy post, I switched to blogger's new formatting toolbar thing-jabber in hopes of easing the formatting trouble I've been having lately. With all the grief it gave me, I'm almost ready to go back to the old one. But I think I've got it now. Maybe.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, great, your blog is back! :D It was... gone yesterday...

Il Ruinante Sir Isaak said...

Was it? How can that be? [Blogger down?]

Anonymous said...

I don't know. It happened three days in a row. Today it seems to work again. :)

Have a great weekend!
Sal

Il Ruinante Sir Isaak said...

Hmm... that's strange. Maybe Blogger was running maitenance.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...