May 09, 2011

Rainbow Magic

Good afternoon, minna-sama~ and please do try to overlook the title. One might think I would give pause and try to gather my... hours of sleep before I try to post, but, not only has it been a bit too long between posts, I have Crowning Music of Awesome playing in the background. This would be the Main Trailer music for Dissidia 012 brought to you by Square-Enix [if the link does not go directly to the page where all the characters will pop up, click on the ENTER rectangle towards the bottom]. This music has quite literally gotten me through final papers, so I feel a post should be simple. I don't know if that explains why the title is... off. To-ni-kaku...

On Saturday, Gamer Symphony Orchestra had it's 5th Anniversary concert~! It went splendidly, and soon recordings will be up on our homepage, here. After our victory dinner, I sat around and waited for the Satanic Mechanics [not affiliated with Satan or car repair] to show up and help them with their shadowcasting of the Rocky Horror Picture Show. As a rule, it's widely accepted to dress up. This ranges from anything to a speedo, to full on bush camoflouge that military persons use. Anything goes. To an extent. A really, really, wide extent. Usually, there may be a cast theme for fandom and Time Warping; this show's theme was rainbows. I didn't get that memo, so I decided to keep it somewhat simple and go demonic priest.

And what priest would be complete without simply divine footwear to accompany it? The dubbed 'Undertaker Boots'.

Unfortunately, I didn't bring my camera to the show, and by the time I got home I was too tired to take a picture [I had been up all night and into the morning]. I changed out of my clothes for Mother's Day breakfast at nine AM, and had the thought when I got back I'd change back just for the picture. But I was still too tired. Gomen, minna-sama, please put up with my lazy pic. *Weep.* If it makes things any better, this demonic priest had rainbow eyeshadow done, for keeping to the theme.
There was some purple in it to make it a good and complete rainbow, but it started to spread into a clown-blotch rather than a nice layer, so before I ordered something at McDonalds I wiped that part off. I was also wearing my black mask as well [unfortunately, when I breathe it fogs up my glasses unless I put them really low, so once the show was over I took that off]. I didn't have time to straighten my hair and put my Undertaker wig on, so I tied the o-natural curly goodness back [makes it easier to get the mask on].

On the aforementioned mention of the wig though, I have been planning to get a long blong wig, and trim it a little to make it accurate unto Bishop from DOGS Bullets&Carnage. Paired with the outfit above, and the Crow, I am quite excited to picture everything coming together for my Bishop cosplay. For kicks, I may make a white scarf rather than use the grey one, but who knows? I may accidentally forget [no really, I might]. Bishop would probably be in place of Akabane this year, unless that jacket decides to go and make itself in a random burst of [my own] energy. It would save me some space packing, since the 'cossak' comes out of Undertaker's cosplay [the part you can't actually see]. The entire cosplay would then only be the cost of the wig, and a pair of dollar store black lens glasses [blind priest is blind]. Excitement abound. I'm not sure you can tell though by the periods. Haha.

Music is so addictive~ maybe I should arrange this so we can play it next semester. Twould be so amazing... we continue to get better and better as our numbers increase, so I'm sure that soon GSO's repitoire will be limitless.

Ever tried a really amazing and crazy make-up job that came out surprisingly well? Do you have Rocky Horror where you are [pffft, what?]? Any otaku have plans for their cosplay this summer at the big conventions? Show us what you've got in mind~

"Even if I am no longer worthy of bearing the title, I will protect you until the end. That is my utmost duty."
Eternally yours,
Il Ruinante Isaak
p.s. who do you main as? I LOVE Warrior of Light.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I love those boots! Your make up came out well, I never really try anything too dramatic because of my glasses >.>

Il Ruinante Sir Isaak said...

Thank you, I love those boots; they are loyal to me after nearly... gee, I guess it's been eight years now [it makes me wonder about my feet...]

Go bold~ use your glasses to your advantage for eye make-up. I just took mine off for the picture. Eye-trails are some of my favorites, I should put them in a new post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...