January 28, 2012

Secondhand Goodness Part 1

Good evening, everyone~ and for those of you like me who are returned to your respective universities, welcome to the spring semester. Good luck one and all~. Has it snowed where you are? More than a scant inch or so like it did here before icing over and melting away... please come back snow~ [or at least appropriate temperatures for the current time of the year]. Bah, it's fine one way or another, in the end.

At last~ I had another occasion to wear my other secondhand jacket in his mild cold weather, so we can have something to look at. Around Otakon last year, Nobu was in town from her trip to China, and dropped off a lovely pair of jackets for me to have, since they were too long for her. As a double bonus, she got these jackets for a steal at the thrift store near campus. Win win all around~! The first up is a number you've seen before, both for Victorian Kitty-san's lace-themed month, and just recently for the end of the year variance sampler.
It has a buckle in the back to make the waist more or less tight, and a pair of rather spacious chest pockets. It carries with it the feel of a Japanese delinquent [...it sounds more random than it seems, promise, haha]. If I knew how to do it, I would embroider something on the sleeve invoking the feeling even more ["Rising Sun of Love and War!" or the likes]. I'll just have to make sure it's accurate.

The second is a delicious leather number, if I do say so myself. I wore it a lot during all of August and September, and adjusted to the ways of slipping leather against car seats and such. All part of the sexy.
Oh, and I finally tamed my hair some.

I'm still not out of my crouch shots. These boots are surprisingly easy for it, though.
No pockets, but it makes up for that in another way. That awesome high collar, open chest, and clip-buckles towards the bottom make this an almost near replica of Final Fantasy VII's main antagonist, Sephiroth  [I make metaphors that he is the Darth Vadar equivalent for video games].  It is close enough to encourage me to make a full cosplay for him somewhere down the line [and I already have one of the more difficult aspects of it in this jacket down]. Don't hold your breath for it, but just wait... it'll come along. Outside of hyper fandom excitement, it is an excellent cool weather jacket as well, because the leather and lining is warm.

Naturally, I give Nobu extra hugs every time I see her when wearing them. Plus two more reasons to love windy days.

Have you ever gotten things secondhand that you wear more than some new things? Or, have a horrible case of the handed down off-colored sweaters from aunts or grandmas?

Here's to a lovely weekend [and this is part one for a reason, so look forward to part two~]
Eternally yours,
Il Ruinante Isaak

2 comments:

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

Fabulous jacket! It definitely has immense potential for versatility. Oooh, and I love your purple manicure in those shots!!

Il Ruinante Sir Isaak said...

Che thank you~! Right now, I wear it mostly for it's purpose, but it's never hung up in either closet, so it's within the periphery if I ever need that one last thing. Hopefully more ensemble shots will come with it~

Oh, and thank you about the nails. I suddenly have five shades of purple~! I topped it off with silver, which is still "wet" though it's old, yay~ ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...