March 13, 2012

Warpaint Beauty is Warpaint [picture laden]

Good morning, everyone [...eh? EH?!]. It seems I've been dead all last week [weak, week, unintentional play on the fact I was sick, and also out taking care of neighbors' cats], but not only that... *Looks hither and yon.* Where... where has everyone got to? Eh? Well... be sure to take care, everyone, do your best. I hope things are going well. The GOLDEN Week approaches... [There are plans of grandeur in my head, but lets see what actually happens.]

Last week, or so, I got out of the house and down to Annapolis with the parent marquis for Pretzel Day [that took one too many tries to get correct]. The Hot Topic was across the way from the Auntie Anne's giving away free pretzels, so I perused with my om nom. I was definitely bent on getting a new color of nail polish. Don't get my wrong, I love all shades of purple, which explains why I have at least five different bottles of that color alone. But whether it was lime yellow or citrus orange, I was getting a contrast color.

As it were, there was a sale on Warpaint Beauty brand cosmetics. So I picked up some eyeshadow and lipstick as well [or at least, for as long as I stared at it reading the ingredient list, I came to the conclusion it was lipstick].

Red~! Red, red, red, red, and that is Triforce you see. In a nice compact cubular bottle, it goes on very thick, despite my expectations. This is just one coat. It also dries very quickly, which is great since I have a knack for doing my nails either right before going to the event I'm painting then for, or before I do laborious activity [like laundry]. I'm very pleased, and looking forward to new manicure combos.

Another thing I seem to do a lot is mistake the forms cosmetics come in. First, I thought the eyeshadow was eyeliner. Thus, I thought said eyeliner was liquid.
Being a roll-on, I did sort of literally roll it everywhere, and smudged off where I didn't want it.
I was wrong on both counts, and the eyeshadow is actually a powder that applies via roll-on. I am not perturbed by the turnout, since I do already have a fair share of pencil eyeliners [in purple, too]. It goes on light, so it takes several roll overs to get is as dark as I'd like, but it comes off with a light swab of my thumb or a cotton ball [which is great since I just let it go wherever really, tsk tsk tsk].

Lastly, but certainly not least, a off the wall desire that I didn't think I'd find so easily. Che blue lipstick.
Hey yo. Otonashiku.
Murrr grrrr... or whatever.
I wanted blue [or even purple or dark emerald] for this purpose alone; to have a black upper lip and a blue lower lip. I do this with red as well, whenever the urge hits me. If I get back to Hot Topic soon enough, I will probably get a darker blue variant as well. This is something most likely likened to anime in my subconscious. I don't know. But this is all I wanted it for. And if it wasn't for the fact that I'm bad about mashing my lips together, I'd wear this more regularly.
So maybe I'll do the manicure in blue or black, or both.
Make-up is more understated in Aristocrat, but it is a defining feature of what makes Visual Kei, well, Visual Kei. That and the elaborate costumes. The weather is definitely leaning into Spring, so I will probably spend more weekend outings in climate friendly Visual Kei as the year goes on. Whether this will result in more make-up posts will still depend on if I remember to do it before I go out, ahaha.
Sigh... I try. I really do love the bags under my eyes, as strange as that might sound.

Golden week... aka Spring Break... come to me...!
Eternally yours,
Il Ruinante Isaak

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...