September 27, 2011

The Fabled Tea-time with the Marquis

Good afternoon, minna~. How positively coincidental of me to say that I'll get a post in on Saturdays, and then forget the upcoming Saturday will consume my soul [shadow casting of the Rocky Horror Picture Show, with my favorite fandom, ahem... 'prodding' people in line]. And then I got sick. But I'm getting better, and thus I was inspired to do the tea-time post, since that is helping me feel better [also, hot apple juice with a bit of honey; it's really amazing]. So let us journery to that quiant cozy little corner of the world that's all yours, where the weather is exceptional, and nothing would be better than a spot of tea.

So a while back [...yeah, June-ish], gallavanting about, the parent-persons and I stopped at a Teavana. I swear I would buy a tea set from them if it wasn't so expensive... [well, not entirely overpriced, per se] The sample brews were delicious as always, and the mother-person bought some this time around. But it was caffeinated, and it didn't sit well with her stomach, so I ended up drinking most of it. On a calm Saturday morning that I planned to do a lot of work, I made a pot with a touch of honey. Generally, I will let tea steep for however long there is water in the pot; it makes each cup stronger. However, I do know that can impart the taste and make it overly bitter. Teavana brews will come with suggested steep times on the back of the bag.

The tea set came from my cousin Jo from when she was moving. Oh, the mother-person also made bread [with a breadmaker borrowed from a friend], and I do love my starches with every meal. I had honey and or butter with the French bread. The house was empty, so my little tea-time was very~ calming [and, since no one was around, and it was early in the morning, I hadn't dressed to match the part either, oops]. Even with the caffeine running through the veins.

Sebastian likes bread of all types, and thought he would help himself to some. [I would've had let him had he not also climbed up on the tabletop itself and almost spilled scalding tea on himself and I.]

Oh, the serving plate for the bread is a lovely number made by my awesome godmother. It actually comes off more a sushi plate to me, given the long rectangular shape, but like most dishes, it's versatile. We now have quite the small collection of various pieces from her. [I wonder if she's started to sell online, too...]

What's your favorite type of tea? Cold, hot, sweet, bitter, decaff, caffeinated? How do you enjoy your perfect cup of tea? If you're not one to brew your own, are there any good cafes around where you live that serve great tea?

And with that, I'm going to make some more chai and probably go back to sleep. *Sniff.* Take care of yourself, everyone~

Eternally yours,
Il Ruinante Isaak

3 comments:

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

Ah, I have been sick, too. You must have caught it from visiting my blog. ;) I've been drinking tea non-stop for a week. It really does soothe the throat and clear up the stuffy head. I like green tea with cream, vanilla extract and a bit of Stevia.

I've never tried hot apple juice and honey... I read that hot apple cider vinegar (diluted in water) with honey is great for a sore throat so I tried that... It helped a bit, but the stomach discomfort wasn't worth it! :) Next time, I'll try the juice for sure!

Thanks to Sebastian for gracing us with a guest appearance! Tell him my Prometheus loves bread, too. Odd. :)

Liz said...

I love Teavana (and tea in general)~ although I never actually tried their tea until this summer, usually I just look at their fancy tea sets.
Usually I buy strong black tea from a local Irish store, but I also really like these fruit teas that my husband brought me from Malaysia.

Your cat is cute ^_^ I hope you feel better soon!

Il Ruinante Sir Isaak said...

I started to feel better [go hot apple juice, go~!], thank you for your kind thoughts. ^_^

VictorianKitty-san: Curses, that must be it...! And yet, with that reasoning, I mind it less, haha. I've never tried cream in green tea [well... ice cream version hardly counts, I'm sure], but that sounds delicious. You couldn't get me to drink apple vinegar if you paid me; here's to no more stomach pains for the sake of healing a sore throat. Sebastian loves to see the long distance brothers~ he walks on the keyboard whenever you have pictures with your boys. ^_^

AristoElegance-san: Teavana comes up with some really great mixes; if I'm not mistaken, on their website you can suggest a tea blend to add to their line-up. I love fruit teas; the stronger the better. But from Malaysia, I bet they taste better, yeah? Sebastian can tell you complimented him, he sits close to the computer. ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...