February 21, 2011

Katsucon 11 Highlights [derailment]

Good afternoon minna-sama, chotto hisashiburi ne~? I hope you won't mind if we have a slight digression, into the lesser of the triad for this blog, anime/manga love. Katsucon 2011 has come and gone, and though I only went for one day to give our panel, the D.C. convention is still a very enjoyable affair. Do humor me with pictures posted of my cosplay. Enjoy~

To start, since it was the one day, I decided to do it casual and cosplayed as Casual Undertaker. Or rather, just what Undertaker wears underneath [context] which resembles a priest cossak. I wore it with the intent of putting on a black face mask and arm band to just be dressed in a manner to alarm the other Gaylord Hotel guests, but as I walked to the end of the registration line, I got shouts of "UNDERTAKER~!" Therefore. Casual Undertaker. Legit cosplay. Afterwards, I did go and parade up and down the registration line for kicks [since I brought my cane too]. I did get mistaken for Bishop from Dogs: Bullets & Carnage once though. [Seeing how close the cosplay is, I've been considering it for Otakon.]

Casual Undertaker is a master creeper~! [And still bamfin' yo.]
I saw Bedroom [aka Just-raped-by-Sebastian] Ciel in the line too; she was Russia this time.

Got a discount for being a state employee~ for registration.

I spent an usually long amount of time in the Dealer's room [which was combined together with the Artist Alley], bought a fuuch load of pins. My quest was solely for Trinity Blood volumes that I didn't have yet, and fortunately, I did find them [and perused some artbooks too]. I've been looking endlessly for Yami no Matsuei vol 11, but I have a feeling I'm not going to find it anywhere but online... Pins are great. Amazing, and attaching them to my bag is an art form. Decided to get as shirt too; Jenova's Witness [front], The Church of One Winged Angel of the Latter Day Summons [back]. I was tempted to get a Castlevania wallscroll [Hrrrrrr~ Hector, so sexxxy], and a finger armor [FINALLY saw some], but resisted. Next time... next time... *Cackle.*

I need to up my Legend of Zelda paraphenalia. Preferably a shirt, but I'll take pins, phone charms, and emblemed things [TRIFORCE~]. Hetalia, Hakuouki, and Pokemon are taken care of, so maybe some Level E next. And definitely Devil May Cry [so I can have the two DMCs].
There was this creepy zombie[?] chick with needles poking out of her arms walking [creeping] around. Did you guys see her? I almost ran into her, because I don't think either of us could see clearly, but I heard jangling from the person she was walking around with [he was a wolf gijinka, I suppose] so crisis averted~. Other hotel guests were putting people in their group with her to take pictures; willingly or unwillingly is questionable, heh.

I took a rolling backpack with me this time. The escalator was a little awkward, but other than that, it worked out quite well. Carried lots of big essentials, namely Yoshimaru, Arizona tea, and food.

Todd Haberkorn. You all can have your Vic Mignogna, I'll take Todd. Went to his panel for voice over, which was awesome~ [give it up for Kinch Cross who got to go to the mic~!] And got a picture of him, with him, and a hug~! He's so much fun. And his love for Lady Gaga always will immediately trigger Leather Pants in my mind.

ROOOOOOMAAAA-JIIIIIIIIIIIIII~! Finally saw him too. Apparently a lot of people went that I didn't get to see~ Let's share our memories together though, ne?

I took a habit of standing in random groups when I was in between going places. Just rollin up and sitting/standing together [I also was furthered in my tendencies for harmless molestation for people in lines. I think it's the wig...]. The great things about con-goers, for the majority, is that we're all in this together. Spontaneity becomes us, and getting cozy together is relatively natural. I am eternally grateful for it. We are all joined together by our overwhelming passion for the numerous and beautiful things that make up a convention such as Katsucon.

At one point in my sitting around, I whipped out Yoshimaru and danced to 'Sabishii Nettaigyo' [the Prince of Tennis cover version], and 'Resonance' [TMRevolution]. I reccomend Youtubing the first if you haven't seen it [look up 'Cloud and Squall dance Dissidia Final Fantasy', or check it
here] I couldn't see past my bangs, so I wonder if anyone was recording.

Our panel, ACROSS JAPAN, went over very well! I am very pleased at the turnout, the interactions, the enthusiasm [don't question me] that was shown by our guests in attendance. I would like to do it next year, along with the Maid Cafe [as a BUTLER, aku made shitsuji desu kara, yatta yatta]; those would basically be my reasons to justify attendance, desu ne. Things were a little wonky before hand, but once getting there, it went pleasantly.

Same for the helpfulness of the staff. They're really looking out for us in the big beautiful Gaylord Hotel [water show? Do like, mini-Bellagio it may be, heh heh]. So thank you, dedicated volunteers and staff [Marcos, shout out]. Please maintain your wonderful composure and helpful attitude into the future.

Ehehn heh heh heh... *Nosebleed.* Togainu no Chi, Lamento~ yaoi... ehehn...

From now until Otakon, I'll be off into making the new cosplays~! Akabane and Ukoku Sanzo are slated, but knowing what I do now about Bishop, I'm certainly putting that into consideration.

Go forth, great Otaku! We love you back.
Eternally yours,
Il Ruinante Isaak

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...