November 01, 2010

Goodnight, Hallow's Eve.

Good evening, minna-sama. The weather has finally gotten chilly, ahaha, and I have yet to make any of the projects suitable for the cooler weather, oh dear. Well, nothing like long weekends for that sort of thing. The campus becomes much calmer when it is cooler I think. Next Monday shall be our first official Jingu Bridge: Harajuku Fashion Club meeting. If the torn tabs off of our posters are any sign, hopefully we will have some sort of gathering to an extent [I just realized, we haven't picked a location yet, have we...?]

Halloween was excellent. I couldn't ask for a better turn of events, except for maybe being able to wear my hat. There was GSO rehersal yesterday, but it's not as bad as it sounds. We're all about doing the holidays up right, so a good majority of orchestra plus chorus dressed up. I took my hat off so as to ensure the people behind me would be able to see our already-rather-short conductress. I didn't get to the Doll Part Halloween Photo contest, but there were pictures abound of Undertaker cosplay to be had, both in GSO and out.

Since the plan was to be out all evening--or at least late enough that all the trick-or-treaters would be passed and gone--there was no candy bought. Imagine then, the surprise, seeing the little rugrats out when we came back from rehersal. So instead of making ourselves targets by pulling up in our driveway, McDonald's we a-go for some om noms. Waved at some people in the drive through, complimented on costume by an elderly couple, had our food, oh, and when I was getting a refill for a road, was mobbed for a picture by a group of girls waiting in line. I suppose the most impressive thing was that they could tell my gender beneath all the costume [when many people at Otakon could not]. The way the first girl phrased her question caused me to reiterate it in such she misinterpreted it, and thus resulted in not a picture of me alone, but a group shot of the rest of the gathering flanking me. All well and good really. Hope they didn't mind my hand placement. One last girl who didn't get in got a solo shot, with shoulder grab in it. Walked out and felt like a celebrity.

And so the book closes on another year's Halloween. I'll post some pictures in another mini post. These will be of the mother-person's friend's party, and GSO costumings.

How was your night of frights and delights? Eat enough candy to get diabetes? See or wear a particularly spectacular costume? Did you go out clubbing or partying? If so, are you even conscious from said partying? Ahaha!

Things are going to be touch-and-go for me this month, minna-sama, but please bear with me. I will be done with things soon enough, and will take my projects into full swing soon, if not piece by piece over the next coming weekends.

'And it feels like home... it's been a long road, alone...'
Eternally yours,
Il Ruinante

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...