October 20, 2010

Marquis' Hair: Briefly Revisted

Good afternoon, mina-sama. I'm fiercly busy again, preparing for tomorrow and the weekend, which promises to be exciting. This is to keep my drive alive and warm up my fingers for my assignment ahead. So for your viewing pleasure, a brief revist on the topic of my easy but difficult hair.
If you may recall, I have cross cultural hair [that's just a simple way to explain away having curly, wavy, and straight hair all at once], so I'm often at a loss as to what to do with it. I have discovered the magic of the straight iron, and now and again when I've the time and want to blare music, I'll whip out the better [though smaller] one and get to work. If your mind's eye can remember what my hair appears like naturally, compare it to the end result shown below.


From the side. It was a little difficult for me to ge the entirety of it's length, but it's not that much longer out of the frame. You can already see the part over my shoulder curling because of where it sits.

Ahaha, is it strange for me to say about myself that this picture sort of offsets me? I think it's because you can tell I have eyes because I'm wearing glasses, and yet in spite of it, you cannot see said eyes that supposedly exist. But as it were, if my hair cooperates, I'd put "long-bangs" forward like this and tie the rest back in a bow. The slightly curl up at the ends because they end up on my shoulders, which is why I'm trying constantly to grow my hair out.

And from behind as far back as my shoulder would let my arm reach.
In all, a giant contrast, no? Well, as if it wouldn't be. I have a fair number of accoutrements I can use with it, including my oldschool still favorite Hairigami. But I'd still love the classic Victorian style for long hair with the massive bow in a low ponytail. I think especially because I have glasses it would be good, since I have them going on with my face. If my hair would stay straight enough for long enough, and I had a ribbon, I'd show you. However, since my hair seems to go from the above into a quazi-barrel curl state, I've been thinking maybe I'll do a cornrow barrel-curl combination as seen by Gackt-san from his PV for 'Redemption'. Ah the powers of Japanese hair...
As it were, that's all for that. I'd still love to hear any suggestions or tips for stylings with hair such as mine [natural or straightened], or hair cair products you like to achieve your various looks. I'm gearing up the wig for Halloween mina-sama, how about you?
Onward to the eyepatch and or mask~ gufu fu fu~
Eternally yours,
Il Ruinante Isaak
p.s. I figured out why the middle picture peturbs me some, with the unseeing eyes; it makes me look like the Grudge.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...