January 03, 2011

Happy New Year's. [...posted belated...?]

[It appears I forgot all about this post set aside on draft... Please enjoy it as you like, everyone.]

Good evening minna-sama~ and a happy belated new years to you one and all. I hope you all managed to stay up, if that is your typical thing to do, and ring in the new year right, with friends, family, good food and drink, and lots of good music. If you slept through the midnight hour, that's as well too. Welcome to the new year.


I suppose to start the year off right in accordance to this blog on my fashion happenings, it would be fitting to see something involving Visual Kei or Aristocrat. As it were, I went down to the super semi-suburb that is Frederick, MD, and bought patterns from the JoAnn's Fabric super store [really, it's at least the size of the three closer stores to me combined] for the future cosplay I was pleasantly roped into, Getbacker's Akabane Kuroudo, aka Dr. Jackal.


My perfectionist side came out in full as I looked through at least five brands' pattern books, but I narrowed it down to two selections from the same company, and luckily, they were having a New Year's sale and were $0.99 a piece, so I bought the two that looked best. The main thing was the lapels and a button, since no jacket would probably readily have the length I needed and also be cheap. I am wondering about the hat, but I'll think about that later [I have heard good suggestions dealing with costume witches hats, styrofoam, and a backing that isn't the normal fabric backening, the term of which I clearly cannot recall]. I also had a looksee into things for Saiyuki's Ukoku Sanzo cosplay, involving the ring on the gloves of the black ninja suit underneath, and the breastplate. If I had a bandsaw I probably would already be mad at work chopping up some bamboo I have lying around, however, I don't~.

Alls to say, perchance if I am not too busy, please look forward to some progress pictures of the costumes. Here's to getting at least one of them done by Katsucon here in Washington D.C.

I also bought some more eyelets, and so I might proceed with the detached sleeves of my first Nudy Boy shirt, or the corset backing of my other purple shirt [also handmade], though since it is already getting a little short-small, I may simply retire the beauty. Ahh...

I beat the Shade Impulse story mode for Dissidia Final Fantasy a while ago actually [just 27 days after I bought it], and my two level 100s are Warrior of Light and Sephiroth [even though it serves no purpose for any Chaos warriors to be leveled up. Currently, I have seven level 100s: Warrior, Sephiroth, Squall, Emperor, Kuja, Cloud, and Firionel (in that order), and next will probably be Cecil and Cloud of Darkness. Emperor can EASILY kill Chaos, it makes me happy]. Inward Chaos raised Warrior of Light's rank to SSS, and Vicious behavior.

I am looking forward to Dissidia 012...

The Jingu Bridge Japanese Fashion Club is heading off in a good direction~ we've got big things in store, I'll keep everyone posted of our events. Rounding up members is always the priority, to better promote the learning and making environment that club needs.

I'm trying to figure out what to do with my leather pants... if anyone has seen that picture of Sebastian Michaelis [Yana Toboso's Kuroshitsuji] in a V-kei get up, that's sort of what I've been thinking of...

*Rubs eyes sleepily.* Please forgive me, minna-sama~ Sebastian has been disturbing me at odd hours and it's becoming detrimental. I'll be turning in now. Have pleasant dreams, one and all, and carry on into your future.

May the light, forever shine upon us.
Eternally yours,
Il Ruinante Isaak

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...